Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Lover's Defence - Post #3


An Accuser’s voice,
"But don't you care about what others think of you and what you have done?"


A Lover’s response,
“Oh I do care very much. I care about what the One who made me thinks. I care about what my love feels and thinks. I value highly the opinion and feelings of my children. I care about those who are most affected by my love.

“I do not care to hear about the opinions and feelings of insecurity, fear and jealousy. If, in my loving transcendent beauty, others are provoked to jealousy I am happy to provoke more love, more care, more respect, more pursuit, for my love deserves nothing less.

“See if you can best me in love, in consideration, in loving regard concerning my love. I am motivated by this, by this pursuit of excellence, by this need to grow in skill, in art and in devotion and care. My love has always desired and required this kind of devotion and attention and any callous disregard of this is not my fault. I am not responsible for the neglect of others, for the hardness of their hearts, for their manipulations of wealth, power and privilege...these thing that assault human dignity. If my esteeming of my love and her desires to a high and holy place provokes the jealousy of self-seekers, what is that to me?

“I care about the jealous only in the matter of my love's concern for them as she has had history with them and time and experience have forged tender bonds. Bonds that when strummed bring tears and joy to the eyes of my love. Oh I do care about this for they move my love. I will listen. I will be present with my whole heart and I will weep with her.

“I am my own being and have my own unique responses to history too and this has schooled me in the art of empathy and compassion. If this provokes the jealous response of others I only feel sorry for their smallness of perception. Perhaps the day will come when they know this love I experience with my love. Then they would laugh and celebrate with us, even against their own inclinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment